Special Area Classes
The philosophy of the primary grades (PreK-2) is to evoke within each child a sense
of belonging. Our teachers and staff work closely with families to create an accepting
environment where children can develop cognitive, physical, emotional, social, and
spiritual needs. Together the home, school and faith community will work together
to instill each child with a positive self-image.
1. Students will remain quiet in the halls, restrooms and during serious learning
2. Students will look and listen when others are speaking and follow the directions.
3. Students will remain seated during instruction time.
1. Students will display appropriate church manners and participate in Mass and
2. Students will display caring attitudes that develop their own, and others, self-worth.
Homework Policy - K-2
1. 10 - 15 minutes nightly - basic facts (work)
2. 10 - 15 minutes nightly - read aloud to your child
3. 10 - 15 minutes nightly - reviewing daily school work
4. Grades 1& 2 will also include 1-2 5-10 minute assignments
Incentive - Grades K-2
The incentive for students in primary grades will vary for each self-contained classroom.
At the start of each school year students and parents will be informed of the incentives
(treat, extra play time, etc...) and the time frame (daily, weekly or bi-monthly
periods). Our goal is to recognize and to provide a reward for students who achieve
in social development. Any treats, prizes or ideas that will help encourage the
children will be greatly appreciated.
Homework Policy - Grades 3-8
Students are expected to turn in all homework assignments on time. If the assignment
is not turned in that morning, the student will be given consequences determined
by the teacher. Consequences vary according to grade level. Persistent failure to
turn in homework may result in a parent conference and possible loss of privileges,
such as attendance at school assembly events and scheduled field trips.
Grade Scale- Grades 1-8
A = 93 – 100
B = 85 - 92
C = 75 – 84
D = 70 – 74
U = below 70
In the last 4 years here are some accomplishments of our 8th graders and graduates
- Archdiocesan Spelling Bee Winner
- Trinity High School Middle Grades Math Winner
- ACT score of 36
- Full scholarship to Yale University
- Top High School Placement Test Winner at Assumption
- Second Place High School Placement Test at Mercy
- DeSales High School Student Council Pres. & Vice-Pres 2012-13