Preschool promotes new discoveries, deeper exploration, and expanded learning with a longer school day. In addition to the special classes, your child will have additional time for theme study through independent and group work, expanded learning centers and other physical development opportunities. Differentiated learning activities are continued to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Children are placed according to their ages as of August 1 of the school year.
- Classes range from three years to five years of age.
Class Size & Ratios
- Threes: 12:1 ratio, one teacher per room
- Fours/Fives: 20:2 ratio, two teachers per room
- Full-day Preschool starts at 7:50 a.m.
- Dismissal is between 2:15 - 2:30 p.m. on every weekday except Thursday when dismissal is between 12:30 - 12:45 p.m.
For families seeking more flexibility, students can arrive at school and have breakfast as early as 7:20 a.m. We also offer afterschool care until 6 p.m. daily. With these extra options, programs are available from 7:20 a.m. – 6 p.m. for children ages 3 through Grade 8.Schedule a Tour
Financial Assistance is available for our Early Childhood program for families who qualify for Tuition Assistance. There are two funding sources.
Child Care (Financial) Assistance Program
Review the CCAP information to find out at what income levels per household one would qualify for assistance. For families that qualify, please contact DCBS Family Support Call Center at 1 855-306-8959 for the offices nearest you Or visit https://benefind.ky.gov.CCAP Information
For additional assistance and/or for families who do not qualify for CCAP, funding may be available through St. Rita School. In order to apply, please fill out the FACTs applicationApply for Tuition Assistance